1. Invest in good quality footwear and choose footwear that corresponds with the weight of the fabric with which it is being worn.
2. To get the best look from your casual clothes choose styles that glide over your body and do not pinch, pull or squeeze. Bumps and excess weight are not hidden by wearing bulky clothes but rather accentuated.
3. Wear sportswear appropriately. For example, sneakers are intended for sports such as running, jogging or walking. Jogging suits are intended for jogging not for everyday activities unrelated to sports or exercise.
4. To look your best find jeans that suit your body type and are not tight. To read the article “Finding Jeans That Fit” go to Sheila’s Fashion Sense and look under “Style Advice”.
5. Whatever clothing choices you make choose styles; colors and color combinations that make you feel better. Don’t wear anything that makes you feel self-conscious. What looks great on your best friend may not be best for you.